Friday 13 January 2012

The Land of Guinness

Yesterday morning we were pretty tired after our club adventure.  Dublin has a lot of night clubs and clubbing is very popular.  Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are the hottest and cheapest nights to go out, which is different from home where everyone goes hard on the weekend.


We spent the day in orientation which was pretty boring, but we had a mixer at night.  We got two drink tickets and had some appetizers and finger food and hung out with new friends.  Then we decided to venture to a pub called Hughes.  


Hughes is in city center but it is across the river from the Temple Bar district and a few blocks from O'Connell street so it is less touristy.
Hughes!!!

I ordered my first Guinness from a pub, and it was deeeelicious. We stayed for about two hours hanging out, talking, and listening to the fiddle play.  As they say, it was grand.

Cheesy picture of me and my first Guinness in Ireland!!

We needed to take a taxi home, so we started walking back towards O'Connell street.  One of the things I miss most about going out back home is the many options for cheap greasy pizza late at night.  Some people in our group (ie Jordyn) were really craving greasy food and we were all curious about what McDonald's is like here so we stopped.  I couldn't believe how expensive it was.  I didn't get anything, but everyone said it tasted the same.  I did notice that they have a fishsticks happy meal.  And the candy in the McFlurry is different.  McDonald's, BK, and Subway are everywhere in Dublin.  The influence of Americuh.

Walking home we walked along the river, and we tried to take a picture using the timer which I will put in for a good laugh.  I'm impressed that we noticed that the camera was pointing down and all adjusted accordingly!


I haven't had my camera because I keep forgetting to charge the battery, but we have an exciting weekend ahead of us with many pictures to be taken I am sure.

I heard back home it snowed a lot.  Its 40 and Sunny here.  Happy Days.

1 comment:

  1. Yayy I'm glad I can read this and follow your life - miss you pumpkin, be safe and have a blast <3 Julie <3

    ReplyDelete